BIOGEN CRYO-ELECTRON MICROSCOPE
Biogen is one of the first pharmaceutical companies to install a Cryo-Electron Microscope.
The 800SF new basement electron microscope suite is adjacent to an existing animal holding facility, includes a sample prep laboratory, liquid nitrogen storage room, and a control desk station. The new microscope room retrofitted and partially infilled an existing NMR pit and included a new raised access floor to accommodate a vibration platform.
Key elements include:
- Aluminum EMI shielded microscope room
- New wall mounted radiant panel cooling
- Innovative structural solution to adapt former NMR pit for new scope
- Collaboration and successful team coordination, including MEP, acoustical, and construction engineers
- Extremely aggressive project schedule.