4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship 2022
#4wrd #DiversityInDesignScholarship #internships
With a commitment to supporting diversity and academic excellence, E4H works to improve diversity in the field of healthcare design and health sciences architecture. E4H’s goal is to provide architecture and design candidates from underrepresented backgrounds with mentorship and a platform to voice their unique perspectives. The $10,000 scholarship is open to candidates that further this initiative and includes a paid internship at E4H.
E4H will provide a $10,000 grant in two portions: $5,000 to cover travel and living expenses (in addition to the intern hourly rate) and $5,000 at the conclusion of 2022 Summer Internship, or the full amount at the 90-day point of full-time employment.
To learn more about the 2021 recipient James Sanders, please click here.
- Submit Diversity Statement by March 7, 2022
- Final Decision by March 31, 2022
- Submit questions and applications to: ScholarCandidates@e4harchitecture.com
Candidate Criteria & Requirements:
- Junior, Senior, or a Master’s student enrolled at an accredited architecture or interior design institution.
- GPA of 3.0 or above via transcript.
- Willingness to work in an E4H office for an internship or the acceptance of a full-time role upon graduation.
- Willingness to participate in internal & external communications including but not limited to blog posts, podcast interview, research papers, and other publication opportunities.
Please provide the following by March 7, 2022.
- Diversity Statement (300 words). Describe why you are pursuing a career in architecture or interior design. Describe your experiences or specific actions you have taken to assist students from underrepresented backgrounds, or your involvement in any programs (e.g., McNair Scholars Program) for diversity. Describe a program that you have participated in and your experience good or bad. What steps can the industry take to improve diversity in architecture or interior design?
- Resume and portfolio samples in PDF format (under 5MB) or link
- Desired office location
- Transcript or evidence of GPA