4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship – 2023
#4wrd #DiversityInDesignScholarship #internships
With a commitment to supporting diversity and academic excellence, E4H works to improve diversity in the field of healthcare design and health sciences architecture. E4H’s goal is to provide architecture and design candidates from underrepresented backgrounds with mentorship and a platform to voice their unique perspectives. The 4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship open to candidates that further this initiative and includes a paid internship at E4H.
E4H will provide a $10,000 grant in two portions: $5,000 to cover travel and living expenses (in addition to the intern hourly rate) and $5,000 at the conclusion of 2023 Summer Internship, or the full amount at the 90-day point of full-time employment.
Listen to the podcast of 2022 scholarship recipient Ivania Rivera, here.
- Submit application by March 10, 2023
- Final decision by March 31, 2023
Candidate Criteria & Requirements
- Incoming/current Junior, Senior, or Master’s student enrolled in an architecture or interior design academic program
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Willingness to work in an E4H office for an internship
- Willingness to participate in internal & external communications including but not limited to blog posts, podcast interview, research papers, and other publication opportunities
Please submit your application here by March 10, 2023. Items to be included as part of your submission are the following:
- Portfolio samples in PDF format (under 5MB), link, or website
- Diversity Statement (300 words). Describe why you are pursuing a career in architecture or interior design. Describe your experiences or specific actions you have taken to assist students from underrepresented backgrounds, or your involvement in any programs (e.g., McNair Scholars Program) for diversity. Describe a program that you have participated in and your experience. What steps can the industry take to improve diversity in architecture or interior design?
- Desired office location
Submit questions to ScholarCandidates@e4harchitecture.com