Project Accountant >
The Project Accountant will be monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
• Management and maintenance of project account information into Deltek Ajera accounting system from set up: budgets, plans, costs, billing, to completion and close of project.
• Review, enter, and code, A/P invoices and time sheets for project billing. Consult with A/P department per invoices, terms, and payments.
• Review, enter, and create billing for clients. Consult with A/R department per contract billing, terms, and unpaid balances.
• Audit billing on projects to ensure all costs are captured and submitted for payment.
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers Principals, A/R department regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billings.
• Remain in constant communications with Client(s), Subcontractors, Sub-tiers, and Suppliers’ accounting staff to resolve and maintain monthly billing issues and approvals.
• Prepare monthly reporting summary including: variances. project completion, and backlog, for Project Manager, Controller, and CFO
• Compile information for internal and external auditors as required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in project accounting Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Accounting with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
• Excellent time management, writing, and communication skills.
• Hands on experience with Deltek Ajera is preferred and excellent Excel skills. (Vlookup and Pivot Tables)
• Must be pro active and possess the ability to anticipate needs and complications that are upcoming on projects