4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship
*** The application period for this scholarship is closed, E4H received many compelling submissions. We look forward to announcing the scholarship recipient.***
With a commitment to supporting diversity and academic excellence, E4H works to improve diversity in the field of healthcare design and health sciences architecture. E4H’s goal is to promote architecture and design candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and celebrate their unique perspectives. The 4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship is open to candidates that further this initiative and provides financial support and professional opportunity.
E4H will provide a $10,000 grant in two portions: $5,000 to cover travel and living expenses (in addition to the Intern hourly rate) and $5,000 at the conclusion of 2020 Summer Internship, or the full amount at the 90-day point of full-time employment.
Candidate Criteria & Requirements
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate at an accredited architecture or interior design institution.
- GPA of 3.0 or above via transcript.
- Willingness to work in an E4H office for an Internship or the acceptance of a full-time role upon 2020 Graduation.
- Delivery of a program or research related to your time in the firm that will enhance E4H’s diversity efforts, and willingness to participate in marketing opportunities promoting diversity.
Please provide the following by March 15, 2020. The final decision will be made by March 31, 2020
- Provide a Diversity Statement – 300 -500 words
- Describe your experiences or specific actions you have taken to assist students from underrepresented backgrounds succeed, or your involvement in any programs (e.g., McNair Scholars Program) in which you have participated. Describe a program that you have participated in and your experience good or bad. Demonstrate your experience enhancing diversity or equity efforts and how you will use this knowledge contribute to E4H’s diversity programs in the Architecture or Interior Design industry.
- Provide a letter of reference
- Provide your resume & portfolio samples
- Desired office location (click here for our locations)
- Transcript or evidence of GPA