4wrd Diversity in Design Scholarship 2021
#4wrd #DiversityInDesignScholarship #E4Hinterns
With a commitment to supporting diversity and academic excellence, E4H works to improve diversity in the field of healthcare design and health sciences architecture. E4H’s goal is to provide architecture and design candidates from underrepresented backgrounds with mentorship and a platform to voice their unique perspectives. The $7,500 scholarship is open to candidates that further this initiative and includes a paid internship at E4H.
E4H will provide a $7,500 grant in two portions: $4,000 to cover travel and living expenses (in addition to the intern hourly rate) and $3,500 at the conclusion of 2021 Summer Internship, or the full amount at the 90-day point of full-time employment.
To learn more about the 2020 recipient. Julian McKnight, please click here.
- Submit Diversity Statement by March 24, 2021
- Final Decision by April 7, 2021
- Submit questions and applications to: ScholarCandidates@e4harchitecture.com
Candidate Criteria & Requirements
- Junior or Senior at an accredited architecture or interior design institution or graduating Senior looking for full time role.
- GPA of 3.0 or above via transcript.
- Willingness to work in an E4H office for an Internship or the acceptance of a full-time role upon 2021 graduation.
- Willingness to participate in internal & external communications including but not limited to blog posts, podcast interview, whitepapers, and other publication opportunities.
- Participation in an E4H work group.
Please provide the following by March 24, 2021.
- Provide a Diversity Statement (300 words)
- Describe why you are pursuing a career in architecture or interior design. Describe your experiences or specific actions you have taken to assist students from underrepresented backgrounds succeed, or your involvement in any programs (e.g., McNair Scholars Program) in which you have participated. Describe a program that you have participated in and your experience good or bad. What steps can the industry take to improve diversity in architecture or interior design?
- Provide a letter of reference
- Provide your resume & portfolio samples
- Desired office location
- Transcript or evidence of GPA